Tuesday 12 August 2008

Frustrating Painting

During the holiday I'm enjoying at the moment, I thought I'd be able to get through all the painting that's currently hanging over my head. Hundreds of points of models which have yet to have any more than a basecoat put on them. I don't really have a painting style - I'm not that good to have developed one yet - but it takes me a frustratingly long time to paint up even one unit. And whilst I'm sure it'll all be worthwhile in the long run, I wish I could hurry up about it all and get them onto the tabletop! Just been browsing few a through blogs about quick ways to paint up various Eldar aspect warriors and I have found a few good ideas which I will be trying ot use over the next few weeks in order to get the army off the ground (and actually be able to play some games with them). The foundation paints and new washes appear to be much better then I had previously thought so I'll be using them to full effect.
My mind keeps wandering over to the Vampire Counts army book which looks brilliant but with an incomplete Eldar army and a 1000 pt Empire army still waiting patiently to be used, my imagined Vampire Counts' army will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...